Sunday, November 14, 2010

Allison + Logan - The Las Vegas Wedding

I was so excited for this wedding, and it came up so fast. All summer of weddings, preparing for my own wedding, that came and past, then two more La Crosse area weddings, and now living my dream of some day traveling to do what I love the best, photograph weddings. Well here I am in Las Vegas, Nevada, photographing Allison and Logan's special day.

Logan and Allison came over to my place to talk weddings awhile back and were trying to figure out a reception hall in La Crosse and destination weddings came into conversation....They both looked at each other and were ear to ear with smiles. I got an email....and I was going to Las Vegas!

I started up in one of Allison's good friends rooms Kristin, who I've known for several years going back to the Wal-Mart Photo Lab days. The girls were getting ready, doing hair, putting make up on, and getting dressed. After the girls got ready, we jumped in a limo and went to "The Wedding Chapel" for the ceremony.
It was probably one of the fastest ceremonies I have ever shot, considering the chapel does 25-50 weddings on average PER DAY on prime Saturday's during the rush wedding season. After about the 7 minute ceremony, I had literally 7 minutes to photograph the posed family portraits in the chapel before we had to get out before the next wedding. Logan and Allison both only had 1 person stand up for them, Allison had her sister Courtney as her maid of honor and Logan had a best friend Jason stand up as his best man. They had a great turn out with about 20 close family and friends make it to Vegas for their wedding.
After we left the Chapel in the limo, we went back to the Mirage to grab a quick snack and something to drink before Logan and Allison wanted to go out for a quick "romantic" session with me out on the strip and by the hotel.
After our session, we walked back to the hotel to relax for a bit and kick out feet up before a dinner with everyone that made it out to Vegas. We went to the "Stack" which was a high end restaurant in the hotel. After dinner, the plan was to go out and take some pictures with Courtney, Jason, Allison, Logan, Ryan and I on the strip with all the lights. We all really wanted to see the water and light show at the Bellagio, and they wanted some pictures in front of some of the bigger resorts.
It was a great time shooting in the city and walking the strip with the newly weds, but now on for what Allison and Logan hired me for........TRASH THE DRESS - VEGAS STYLE....

Today we are heading out to Valley of Fire State Park, just outside of Vegas for an amazing session out in the desert, and then on Tuesday, hopefully heading out to the Grand Canyon for another session.

Thanks for stopping by.


5 comments:

  1. Great photos, the shots taken in the city are really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jared, you did an amazing job.... I'm so happy that the kids found you to make their special day one that they will remember for an eternity! Thank you so much for helping them share the memories in such a beautiful way!
    Barry and Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Barry and Lorrie. Lorrie...... Funniest part of my trip was when I was sitting in the limo with the tinted windows and you were taking a picture of them from outside, I changed my voice and said "MAM, I"M GOING TO HAVE YOU TO PUT THAT CAMERA AWAY!" You should have seen the look on your face....priceless! I was kidding :) Hope you guys had a great trip, I sure did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jared, your pictures were amazing. How long you're in this business? I was so envy with this pictures. You have use lots of natural elements to produce such pictures..

    ReplyDelete