Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Photographers weekend-Jennifer Whalen and Eric Wuennenberg

Haven't posted for awhile, been crazy busy trying to get caught up on some stuff!!

Just a quick post from last weekend. A good friend and old mentor Eric Wuennenberg of Performance Photo out of Westby Wisconsin (www.Performancephoto.net) came up to my place in Hudson this weekend for a photoshoot with some fashion models and a tag along with photographer Jennifer Whalen (www.JenniferWhalen.com). Jennifer photographed a couple of her friends with some experimental lighting that Eric and I assisted and hung out at the Guthrie Theatre downtown Minneapolis, so go check out her blog to see some of the shots we helped out on.

After a few hours of helping out, Eric wanted a headshot of himself for his website so we set up in a little cove by the elevator bank with a really neat dark blue window behind. I set up the light for a couple quick shots and we were out of there.
Eric and I also attended a Scott Kelby training workshop from 10-5 last Monday for some live shooting and retouching from a big name pro. It was a neat workshop and learned some useful editing techniques and always fun catching up with a good friend and talking photography for a day or two. Eric also came back this past weekend for another seminar at the Hilton in Minneapolis for Sandy Puc and Jerry Ghionis.

In my opinion Jerry is one of the best wedding photographers in the WORLD. I have seen him twice in Vegas at WPPI and again last weekend in the cities. He is so inspirational and his work is breath taking. I look up to Jerry and his work, and am constantly going to seminars and workshops to learn and educate myself to get better for my future brides :)
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment