Sunday, April 25, 2010

Jared Lee Photography's first blog post - Connie + Seth - The Wedding



4 A.M. Saturday April 24, 2010 my 6 month old black lab pup gets up and shakes and I hear his collar dinging with his tags. I had had a sore throat for the last couple days, but this day it was the worst its been. I got up at 4A.M. and could not stop coughing, and when I'd swallow....ahhh it was just one of those days.
I could not go back to sleep, just tossing and turning, so I figured I'll get up and pack up all my camera gear and get it ready at 4:30 in the morning for Connie and Seth's big day. I finally got back to bed on the couch close to 7:15 after some throat sprays and water. Alarm goes off at 8am to get showered, shave my head, and get my car packed up to head out to hair appointments at 10:30.

Super fun day, Connie's bridesmaids (Donna, Angie, Amanda, Sam, Haylee, and Caitlin) were so much fun and so welcoming when I showed up at the hair salon. I had photographed Sam's wedding last March 14th to Rob which is Connie's future husbands younger, more handsome brother, by default, that's how I got Connie and Seth's wedding.

The day started off pouring rain, and thunderstorms were likely in the afternoon, but we were fortunate and didn't get any rain while we were photographing the bridal party or romantics with Connie and Seth.

We all had a great day, church was Holmen Lutheran, and reception was at the City Brewery Hospitality center.

Thankyou to both Connie and Seth's wonderful families for welcoming Dan Balfanz and I to photograph your children's special day, and thankyou to Connie and Seth for being troopers and truly being pro's at dipping :) Congrats to the both of you!

1 comment:

  1. Nice start to your blog. I like the video clip showing you taking an image...and then seeing the image afterwards...nice touch. Nice stuff...Dan.

    ReplyDelete