Saturday, June 12, 2010

Just a thankyou to my website designer - Tony + Kelly - The Wedding - October 3, 2009

Haven't posted for a few days, I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get things squared away with my new jetboat, getting the engines cleaned and tuned up (yes there are two of them). It's super fast and seats 4 people, does about 60mph by myself and maybe 50-55mph with 3-4 people.

So, boring Saturday night, I was sitting at my computer thinking of what I could blog about and Tony and Kelly came to mind. Tony Groves is my website designer, so for some of you that came from my website straight to my blog, Tony is the reason. Websites are a very important piece to make a business successful, especially in the wedding industry everyone wants to look at things online. If you have a boring, slow, or have a website that isn't easy to navigate around, you could and probably will lose business. So the reason I am posting about Tony and Kelly is because Tony is a big part of my success as a professional photographer.

Tony and I go way back to high school pretty much, we were aquintences, he was a senior and I was a freshmen that kind of knew who eachother was, but didnt really talk. That changed when I started shooting pictures when I was 18 and 19 and I was in Wal-Mart all the time getting pictures printed off, Tony worked in the photo lab. After awhile I was in there so much, one of the employee's who later I actually moved in with, Elliott, approached me and asked if I would be interested in working there. I started there a few weeks later developing pictures and selling cameras.

"The Photo Lab Guys" Pictured above left to right - Joe, Tony, me (Jared) and Elliott. This was taken at Elliott and Tony's apartment in October of 2006 at an Octoberfest party.

Tony and I both went to school at Western Technical College, he was in the graphic design program and I was in the marketing program. He asked me one day at work if I would ever need or want a website and the rest was history, Tony made a design for me and I gave him a disc of pictures and my website went live a month or so after we first talked about it. The design was simple, effective for what I wanted it to do, and easy to use.

A couple years after my website went up, Tony asked me to be his photographer at his wedding in October of 2009 to Kelly Marson. I ofcouse said yes, and since Tony had done my website for pretty much next to nothing, I cut him a great deal on his pictures. Their wedding was held in Westby at Norskedalen, which was a gorgeous outdoor venue. However, the weather wasn't very pretty that day, it was about 45 degrees and a light/moderate rain ALL DAY. Their wedding party were all troopers, and we had a fun day. Here is a handful of my favorite images from their wedding day.







Two of Tony's groomsmen also worked with us in the photolab: pictured above on the far right is Steve, and far left is Chris. I will actually be shooting Chris and Monica's wedding coming up in May 2011 :) Congrats to Chris and Monica on their engagement and we'll see you in May.
Tony and Kelly also wanted to do a "Trash the Dress" session with me the following week back in Norskedalen. For my potential clients who are maybe scared or timid about doing a trash the dress session shouldn't be scared at all. It's not ruining your dress, or destroying it. Most of the time I would call it a lifestyle session, pretty much the same as an engagement session with your wedding attire on. Also a little side note, if you plan on getting your dress preserved after your wedding, they dry clean it before they preserve it :)

We started early in the morning, and was about 40 degrees, CHILLY morning. Like I said, it was a gorgeous venue and really neat things to photograph in, on, or around for a really old/rustic village type feel:

Just wanted to say thanks to Tony for all your hard work on my website for the main design and all the updates I send you. Tell Kelly hi for me, and we still need to have an adult beverage next time you're in town :) Thanks Tony, you are the man! If anyone is interested in a new website design or graphics of any kind Tony's email is - groveslax@yahoo.com -

No comments:

Post a Comment