Monday, June 21, 2010

Kelsey + Andy - The Wedding

Let's start at my new favorite church to photograph at, Blessed Sacrament. Beautiful church, and really nice indoor lighting even if I am pushing my cameras limits.
We started shooting around noon as the girls showed up and finished getting ready, putting their dresses on and last minute make up before posed pictures. Kelsey looked like she was having a fun time trying to get into her dress, but she got in with her bridesmaid's help. Another emotional part that I love about my job is one three letter word that starts and ends with M and has an O in the middle, MOM. Seeing Mom shed a tear as her daughter puts on her wedding dress brings her back to the day she got married and all of the memories start flowing in her mind.
Before the ceremony, we had a few minutes to kill so we posed a couple bridal portraits with Kelsey and then took the bridesmaids outside for a quick photo session out on the lawn of the church.

I was telling Kelsey after the first time I saw her veil, I finally had a cathedral style veil. I was so excited to get some shots of it blowing in the wind. However, we didn't get any during this outdoor session, but more to come :)

Before every ceremony I talk with the girls just to see how they are doing, and kind of pre-ceremony game plan as far as walking down with their groomsmen and what I do during pictures of them walking down. After I talk with the girls, I had to get guys room and have the same pep talk. Lastly I try and pull the groom aside and ask how he is feeling, nervous? Excited? Anxious? etc etc. As I asked Andy how he was feeling, he said, "I'm feeling good, I just hope the pastor tells me what to do, or kind of gives me a heads up on what I'm supposed to do." I laughed as he said that, knowing that's what the rehersal is for Andy ;)
This is the part where Andy had the whole church laughing....After they lit the unity candle, Andy started walking back to where they were and Kelsey grabbed his hand to stay there, so Andy turned to the pastor and mouths,"Do I stay here?"
After the ceremony we finished up doing the posed family portraits, and snapped a couple of Andy and Kelsey outside the church before we took off to hit a few bars before the wedding party fun group shots.
We went down to the State Room for a few drinks and some Hammerslagen, and then a wedding party shot in an alley, and the jumping shot on 3rd and Pearl. After that we went to Pettibone to do a few more group shots and then went to Piggy's for dinner.

I had my second shooter, Dan Balfanz with and he so graciously dontated a few images of me taking the pictures. The shot on the staircase was Dan's plan the whole time, but he got it from a different angle than I did.
As soon as we got to Piggy's I wanted to jump on the detail shots right away. I hadn't gotten any shots of their rings yet either so I took those from them as they were greeting people as they were coming into the reception hall which was beautifully decorated. White and yellow flowers, gorgeous center pieces, and candles on the tables.
Next up were dinner speeches. As always, got some great emotion from Kelsey and Andy as their Maid of Honor, and Bestman gave their speeches for the couple.
Kelsey, Andy and I had talked about when they wanted to do their private bride and groom session, and since it's staying light out longer we decided to head out after dinner and the speeches before the first dance. It was a gorgeous night to photograph, white fluffy clouds, wasn't too hot or humid and Dan and I stole the bride and groom for a 30 minute private bride and groom session and this is what I got. Thanks again Dan for the shots of me on the job.
Gorgeous Cathedral style veil.
Last but not least, the first dance. So much love and emotion during the first dance as a married couple. What a perfect day to get married, great weather, great couple, great food. Lastly, just wanted to say congrats from Jared Lee Photography to Kelsey and Andy and have a fun honeymoon in the Grand Caymen Islands this week. All of Kelsey and Andy's images will be posted online to view or purchase within two weeks at www.JaredLeeLLC.com under the order images tab.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely! It was nice visiting with you at the dinner/dance.

    Mary W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jared they are lovely! Congrats and hope to see you again soon!
    -Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jared, Stunning photographs! Every one of them took my breath away (except for the one of me with my wrinkly hands and bags under my eyes...I won't feel bad if you delete that one!) Thank you for showing Kelsey and Andy's wedding through your VERY creative eyes! Can't wait to see the rest of the photos! Karen (MOB)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, I thought the one of you crying was the best one all day :) Haha, hope you had a great time watching your daughter and new son get married. Thanks for choosing me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the yellow bridesmaids dresses! Love the one of them in the field!

    ReplyDelete