Monday, October 25, 2010

Amy + Kyle - The Wedding

I was excited about this wedding, to be a part of Kyle and Amy's wedding. I've known Kyle and the Roth family since I could remember. Playing pretty much any sport all summer long from sun up to sun down either at the Roth residence or at the Anderson's. Playing roller hockey and hitting the Roth garage door with a slap shot from the end of the driveway, or playing hide and go seek during 4th of July through everyone's backyards with all the neighborhood kids. Playing tackle football with Kyle's older brothers, Corey and Chris without pads on. Playing Ken Griffey Jr's Homerun Derby on Super Nintendo on rainy days, or having bike races to see who can get to Skogen field the fastest. Playing horse in their front yard, trying to throw the ball halfway over the house and hitting Bill's blue Ford F-150 with TCI decals on it. I'll never forget all of those great memories growing up with those three Roth brothers.

Now they are all grown up, Chris is already married with a beautiful little girl who you will see in some of these images below, and now the youngest just got married. I was honored to be a part of your day and excited to tell your wedding day story.

I started with the bridesmaids at the church getting ready around 12:30 in the afternoon before doing some of the guy's formal posed pictures in the church as well as the girls.
After the girls were all ready, and Amy in her dress we did as many posed pictures with the two of them seeing eachother as we could, so we had more time with just the two of them and the wedding party after the ceremony.

Just before the ceremony, I took Kyle down an empty staircase/hallway in the back of the sanctuary to do a quick portrait and to give him a chance to be alone for a few minutes to relax. I asked him how he was feeling and he answered, "I can't believe this is here already, it doesn't even feel real yet."
Time for the ceremony, as Amy and her father Dave walked down the aisle, neither of them like being the center of attention and hate being photographed, they did a fantastic job at looking natural instead of trying to hide their faces with a program or their hands :) We didn't have good luck with Chris' little flower girl Kaydence, but she's just so darn cute, even if she is crying.
After the ceremony we had a little bubble fest outside for the bride and groom to walk out and I grabbed this one of a little one blowing bubbles :)
After the short bubble fest outside, their immediate family came back into the church to finish up the formal posed portraits in the church. The wedding bus showed up, I told the wedding party to head out to the bus and that I was going to take Amy and Kyle up the road from the church to photograph them yet with some fall colors.

As I was putting my lights away with my 2nd photographer Eric Wuennenberg, Amy and Kyle were sitting towards the back of the church with no one else around and Eric tapped my shoulder and pointed back toward them.....I grabbed my camera and snapped off this image. It was a really neat image because it was just the two of them all alone in the church after their ceremony and I love the emotion of it.
Amy and Kyle both wanted to take the wedding party down to Myrick Park to do some more fun pictures with the entire group, and a couple more with just the two of them before we went back to the reception which was held at 7 Bridges Restuarant in Onalaska.
I would like to thank Eric, my second photographer for coming along to be a part of their day as well, and for getting a couple shots of me with the girls.
After about 45 minutes with the Kyle, Amy and the wedding party, they got back in the bus and went up to 7 Bridges. Amy had told me at the church she wanted some with her and Kyle by the reception hall too before they went in to mingle with all of their guests. It was a nice little break for them to get away and relax alone for a quick portrait session before the big party, here is what we got.
Party time....What a great group, this wedding was a blast because I knew about %50 of all the people, nice to be able to catch up with old friends, and parents that used to watch us kids play sports every weekend, day in and day out. Grand march for the wedding party, Kyle and Amy's first dance as husband and wife, Father-Daughter, and Mother-Son.

Amy and her father did fantastic, and I actually think they got less and less camera shy throughout the night :)
Congrats to Amy and Kyle, what a great couple, knowing Kyle since we were in elementary school, and knowing Amy since middle school. It was an honor to be a part of your special day, and I had an amazing time telling your story through my camera. Thanks for working with me guys!

All of Amy and Kyle's images will be posted on my website for purchase within two months. www.JaredLeeLLC.com - Order Images.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment