Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Busy Mother's Day weekend

Wow! What a super busy weekend for Jared. Kelli + Damian - The Wedding was all day Saturday, breakfast and spent some time with ofcourse my mom Nancy on Mother's day, and then a family session at 2, engagement session at 4, and another family at 6:30. So this blog will be about my Sunday afternoon.

We'll start off with April, Travis, and 4 month old Cage :) I had photographed April and Travis' wedding October 24, 2009 at Maple Grove in West Salem, originally April and Travis were supposed to tie the knot September 19th, but a week before the wedding Travis got into a bad car accident, and almost didn't make it. After a couple extensive surgeries on his hand, everything was a lot better and they rescheduled the wedding and were able to match me with the venue so they didn't lose any money.

You can see in this image the cast they had Travis in after his surgery. I thought this image was one of the most powerful images of their wedding because it showed how much April cares for and loves Travis. Travis and I had a talk at the reception, and he said he could not get April to leave his bedside after the crash, and to show that unconditional love was really special, and made them that much closer as a couple, plus April was around 7 months pregnant with their precious baby boy Cage.
April and I had kept in touch on facebook and texting once in awhile, and she is a follower of all my posts on facebook of my recent weddings and photo shoots. She was another Mom that took advantage of the Mother's day special, so she brought 4 month old Cage with Travis to do a family session, and Cage's first photoshoot:

I want to extend a Happy Mother's Day to April and Travis for all they went through in the last year together with the accident, which by the way Travis' hand looks great, the wedding on October 24th, and a new cute little boy, Cage. Good to see you guys again, and hopefully see you in the near future for some more pictures of the Cage, I would truly enjoy the opportunity to watch him grow with your family!
_______________________________________________________________

Next up was Mike + Kim - The engagement. I had met and booked Kim at Wedding World, which was at the La Crosse Center in January of 2009. Kim liked my style of photography and new August was the busiest month and filled up the fastest so she booked me right away for August 7, 2010. Kim is also a follower of my blog and facebook posts and was so anxious and excited to get their engagement pictures done. Sunday as we all know was pretty much the most perfect day, not to hot, not to cold, white fluffy clouds and bright blue sky so I wanted to show how gorgeous the day was in their images:
Kim and Mike's session was very short and sweet. Got to drive around a little bit and get to know them as we were going to a different location, they started dating in December of 04, and Mike proposed on Valentine's day at "The Wilderness" resort in Wisconsin Dells. Kim said she had no idea it was coming, her image or idea of Mike proposing on a certain day/occasion had came and gone, but he knocked her off her feet on Valentine's day after a nice dinner.
Congrats to Kim and Mike, we'll see you August 7th, 2010 in Elroy Wisconsin.

______________________________________________________________

Last shoot of the day on Sunday at 6:30 was also a very special Mother's Day present from Brittany to her Mom. I didn't realize until I showed up on location that Brittany didn't tell her Mom about pictures, all she said was that where they were going required everyone to wear black pants. Since it was Mother's day, Mom's aren't required to "Think" about anything and her mom didn't realize everyone was wearing the exact same outfit and when I showed up she saw the decal and business logo on the back of my car and had the BIGGEST smile :-D because Brittany gave her the gift of family pictures for Mother's day. They were a super fun group, and they would NOT stop giggling, laughing, and just the biggest smiles on their faces the whole time, so it made my job easier. Brittany had saw me at Sue Kolves Salon on Main street in Onalaska last October 10, 2009 for another wedding I photographed, and she also knew Kristi Arenz that I had worked with before on a couple different occasions, yep you guessed it, a wedding which was April 26, 2008 for Liz and Ben, and then we kept in touch and I photographed her little girl Kallie for her 3 year old pictures, and we "tried" to do 4 year old pictures, but Kallie just wasn't having it that day I guess :)
This shot was funny because everyone was giving the shortest one crap, just for being short, so they thought it would be funny to be on her level for a picture :)
And lastly Mom wanted a nice shot of just the siblings:
Brittany took advantage of my Mother's day special as well, and we had a blast :) Great night for pictures! Happy Mother's day to Brittany's Mom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment