Monday, May 10, 2010

Kelli + Damian - The Wedding

I woke up a little nervous about the weather again because I knew Kelli and Damian's wedding was at Myrick Park Shelter more or less outside. Very brisk in the morning with a bit of a wind and a few rain drops before I showed up to hair and make up at Salon Medusa. Just like every weekend in the summer, all of the bridesmaids welcomed me with excitement, smiles, and a few laughs. I asked Kelli how she was feeling and she said she was ready to go!! I was very excited about Kelli and Damian's big day because they were both very laid back and willing to do pretty much anything for some great shots. As she was getting make up put on I captured this shot of concentration not to blink:
I wanted to capture a few images of the venues and Dan shot this as I was across the street from the Salon trying to find a good angle to photograph Salon Medusa.


Before the ceremony at 2, we had to do all the posed images of the girls and guys seperate because they did a traditional wedding where he wouldn't see her until she walked down the isle. We got a couple minutes to shoot a little private session with just Kelli and Damian seperate just at the shelter before the wedding started:

I had brought along a second shooter, Dan Balfanz, and he so graciously donated a few images of me on the job!
This shot of the ring was photographed at the hair salon
They had a gorgeous spring theme with whites and greens, awesome flowers, and white chair covers with black bows. The La Crosse Center South Ballroom was set up for around 250-300 people.
Time for the ceremony, we got a few laughs, and then some tears of joy as they said their vows.
After the ceremony, we got a couple minutes to photograph the wedding party, again Dan was kind enough to snap a photo of me shooting this one up against the shelter.


I had the wedding party show them some love to try and get a great facial reaction out of Kelli and Damian, so here is their reaction :)

We went to the State Room downtown for a few drinks before dinner was served, so Kelli and Damian agreed to do their private bride and groom session after dinner and speeches from the best man and maid of honor. I stole the bride and groom and we took off after the slideshow for 45 minutes or so to do some shots of just the two of them:

Here is another shot Dan Balfanz snapped of me while shooting this first image of Kelli and Damian.

Dan, my second shooter wanted to get a couple shots of them running up and down the beach, so I wanted to try something different so our shots would differ:






Kelli and Damian were so easy to photograph, I just gave them small instructions and they were naturals! Next up were speeches and every bride always has big smiles and laughs:
I was playing around with different lighting techniques at the reception and here are a couple images of their first dance, father-daughter, and mother-son:

Kelli's Dad, Paul, such a proud moment.
Damian's Mom, Dana.

Kelli and Damian were off to Hawaii today for two weeks, lucky......We'll see you when you get back for TRASH THE DRESS!!! Have fun in Hawaii, drink a Corona for me. CONGRATS from Jared Lee Photography :) All the images from Kelli and Damian will be posted on my website under the "Order Images" tab for family and friends to purchase. www.JaredLeeLLC.com

3 comments:

  1. these are so fabulous Jared! and SUPER huge congrats to kelli and damien! Kelli--you looked GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these are my favorite wedding photos that you've done ! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased to know about this wedding photography. Last month, arranged my nephew’s wedding at one of the elegant Los Angeles wedding venues. Hired an expert photographer who took wonderful photos for this event. It was a good party.

    ReplyDelete