Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hard Rock Baby!!

Lacuna Coil, Drowning Pool, Hellyeah, Five Finger Death Punch, and Seether at the La Crosse Center May 19th, 2010. Crazy loud hard/heavy rock, 3500+ people, beer, and lots of crazy people! I for once didn't have my camera at the show, but it got me excited about the other concerts that I had photographed in the past.

I got to photograph Killswitch Engage and Disturbed, and also got to photograph Breaking Benjamin and Three Day's Grace, both AWESOME concerts.

But first I have to start out with some really cool people, people that you listen to every day, morning, afternoon, supper time, 2-3am. The 95.7 The Rock Crew! Last year I photographed the 95.7 The Rock Calendar and got to work next to the people that are on the air, and organize the calendar and put all these things together. Brian, Dio, Phish, Jean, Puck, and the rest of the Rock staff! These are a few shots from the 3DG/Breaking Benjamin concert last year:
Above: Phish, on air from 2-7pm
Above: Brian, from the Morning Sickness with Brian and Jean on air 5am-10am.
Above: Dio on air from 7pm-midnight!

Working along side and with these guys shooting the Rock Calendar is so much fun! I actually text Dio last night after Heather and I got done with ballroom dance lessons and told him to play "The Devil's Own" from Five Finger Death Punch, so on air he said he just got a text from Jared the Rock Calendar photographer, just left ballroom dance lessons and wants to hear a song.....lame :) But thanks for that Dio. These guys are a lot of fun, but the most fun I have is hanging out with Brian, working along side him the most shooting the Calendar, he is with every shoot, helping with lighting, assisting me, and just hanging out having a good time. I always give him a hard time because he keeps telling me how he can't wait to get married.....nah, just kidding, he doesn't like that idea much.

So on with what you guys want to see, pictures....I got to photograph Killswitch Engage and the Disturbed concert almost 2 years ago, and for those who don't know how concerts work, or have ever been to a concert, they have the headliner band, which obviously everyone wants to see go last, so they have an opener, and Killswitch Engage opened for Disturbed. Here are some of the images I took of Killswithc from being right underneath them next to the stage:

After they performed, I couldnt hear anything because I was standing right next to the subwoofers and my ears were ringing, but I liked what I heard, and they were actually my new favorite band. Got their album, loaded up my ipod for my workouts at the gym, great heavy stuff to lift weights to.

Disturbed had a really neat entrance, with the lead singer coming out like Hannibal Lector in a straight jacket and mask, and here are the images from Disturbed:


And from being right next to the stage/backstage, saw all of their guitars so snapped a quick one of those:

Next was the Three Days Grace/Breaking Benjamin concert, which was amazing, huge fan of both bands, and they put on a great performance. Breaking Benjamin opened for 3DG:


Three Day's Grace-Three Day's Grace-Three Day's Grace

Kind of just a random post, but I was in the mood for some heavy metal, hard rock. I wish I could have photographed this last concert because I was very impressed with all of the bands, and it was a great show. Thanks for stopping in guys!

1 comment: