Monday, May 31, 2010

Matt + Sharon - The Wedding (Wilderness Lodge and Resort Wisconsin Dells.

What an amazing wedding venue for Matt and Sharon. It was held at the Wilderness Lodge and Resort in Wisconsin Dells. I started at 11am, and wanted to leave by 8:45am so I made sure I got there by 10:30am to scout and see the place and get my equipment out and ready to go. Thank God I left when I did because if you haven't been to the Wilderness, it's as big as a city. Ofcourse the GPS had one address, but that was the main entrance, and I believe there were 7 or 8 entrances. So when I finally got to Glacier Canyon conference center, it was 10:45am. We started off the day with a Crazy hair get up on Sharon. I thought she should have walked down the isle like this:
Sharon is from the Madison area, and I got the referral from my Dad's friend Marcia's daughter Morgan. Morgan is Sharon's best friend and Maid of Honor. I've known Morgan for 7 or 8 years, see eachother a couple times a year, usually at my Dad's camper upnorth or are Marcia's house in DeForest. A big shout out to Morgan and a big Thankyou for getting me their wedding.
What an AMAZING venue, The Wilderness Lodge and Resort/Glacier Canyon Conference/Banquet facility. Everything was set up to the T, beautiful chair covers, blue bows to match the bridesmaid dresses, creme linens, beautiful centerpieces etc. It was simply amazing.
I got there as they were setting up everything you see in the above photo. It was a business out of Princeton Wisconsin called Embellished (WWW.EMBELLISHED.US) 920.295.0373. They laid out all of the chair covers, put on each one, then laid out each bow for the back, then hand tied them. Set up all the center pieces and table numbers, and they also did all of the flowers. I can't imagine all the work they put in to do all of that.
Sharon warned me a few days before the wedding, that their ceremony was going to be 5 minutes long, and to be prepaired to take as many photos of the ceremony within 5 minutes. She was not kidding, and her Mom told me after she timed it, 4 minutes.....
So after the ceremony we had some down time before dinner started and before they cut the cake and dance to follow, so we did some fun shots of the wedding party just outside on the back patio of the Wilderness.
SHOW ME YOUR GUNS!!!!
All the bridesmaids in the wedding party were great, and had some fun ideas other than mine. So Cheers!!

Right before dinner the DJ, Marc Lovicott, from Juke Box Bandstand out of Madison, (www.jukeboxbandstand.com) 608.249.2900, had a small intro for the newly weds Matt and Sharon into the reception hall, which led right into the cake cutting so the staff could get the cake cut and served after dinner.
Dinner was awesome, choices were prime rib, portabella mushroom pasta, or pork. Some people don't know, and didn't know that Matt is a very picky eater, so Sharon had her Maid of Honor's brother, Mason, run to McDonalds for a joke. Since Matt was a picky eater he got a double cheeseburger and fries if he didn't like the wedding food.
Time for the first dance. This is one of my favorite parts of the wedding, because it's so much fun to watch the emotion and reactions of their first dance as husband and wife.
Since it was so hot out during the day and bright sun until 6:30pm or later, we decided we wanted to wait until after the dances to go on our private session with just Matt and Sharon. We jumped in my car and took a quick drive around the area, and I had scouted a spot as I was coming into the Dells that I thought was neat. Check out the videos of us on the shoot. Thanks to my Dad for coming with and shooting some footage for me.


Super laid back and fun couple. Great wedding party, amazing venue.....enough said. Congrats to Matt and Sharon from Jared Lee Photography. All of Matt and Sharon's images will be posted on my website to view and purchase within a week or two. www.JaredLeeLLC.com -> "Order Images"

3 comments:

  1. All of the pictures are awesome! My favorite has to be the one on the fence post. Also cool to see the videos that your dad took. Very nice looking wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gotta love those outdoor weddings! great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jared,
    I just wanted to thank you for shooting our wedding, you were amazing to work with! I'm excited to see the finished product, and am happy that we you were their on our special day!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete