Saturday, August 14, 2010

Amanda + Ben - The Wedding

Is it August in Wisconsin? Man was it HOT on Saturday for Amanda and Ben's wedding. Their ceremony was in New Lisbon, and then a short drive to Chula Vista Resort in Wisconsin Dells.

Dan (my second shooter) and I started with Amanda and the ladies getting ready at the church around 11:30am. I found out that her Mom and Dad had gotten married in the same church 25 years and 1 month ago and her Mom had asked me for 1 picture, and it was a picture of Amanda's Mom and Grandma to be looking into this vanity/mirror that was there when her Mom got married, and she had gotten the same picture take over 25 years ago.
Before the ceremony I had a bit to photograph a bunch of details, while Amanda and her bridesmaids were doing their last minute touch ups.
The ceremony was a full Roman Catholic wedding, so Dan and I had plenty of time to get the images we needed, being that the ceremony was an hour and a half. I told Dan I wanted him to get the close up of their first kiss as husband and wife and I wanted to try an image from the balcony of them walking out. Great success it was. Having a second shooter is nice, because you can have them get the "safe" shot, and I can try something new and creative or from a different angle or location, like the balcony of them walking out. Here is what I captured from the ceremony.
Before the ceremony Dan took the guys outside to do some fun shots, and they found a building with a bunch of wood pallets. So after the ceremony we took the entire wedding party over there because all of the pallets were are different levels which made for some really neat images for both the wedding party and just Amanda and Ben.
After we left the pallets, we went to get a couple images of Amanda and Ben at Amanda's house which was only 3 blocks away. Then from her house to a park nearby and then headed to Chula Vista.
Dan and I had a couple minutes to photograph Amanda and Ben before their grand entrance, so we just took a quick drive down the street from Chula Vista. Thanks again Dan for shooting a couple of me working for the blog.
Next up is over and over again my favorite part of a wedding. Reception, speeches, details, and most importantly.....wedding food :).
Amanda's Dad had given a speech and a blessing before dinner and got a bunch of emotion from the newly weds. Smiles, cries, and laughs. Then after dinner were a couple great speeches from Amanda's sister, and Ben's best man.
I think we have a couple new contestants for Dancing with the Stars, Amanda and Ben Oleson. They performed a swing dance routine for their first dance.
A HUGE congrats to Amanda's parents on celebrating 25 very happy years (July 6th, 1985 - July 6th, 2010.)
Happy Anniversary!

Lastly thank you Amanda and Ben for choosing me to capture your special day, Dan and I were honored to be a part of it and we had a blast with your closest friends and family. Have a great weekend up in Door County next week, and I am so looking forward to Trash the Dress with you guys sometime in September.

All of Amanda and Ben's images will be posted on my website for purchase within 2-3 weeks. www.JaredLeeLLC.com - Order Images.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment