Sunday, August 8, 2010

Kim + Mike - The Wedding

Haha, what a start to a Saturday morning heading to a wedding. I stopped at Kwik Trip in Holmen to fill up and grab a quick breakfast, I was standing in line and a lady walks in, looks kind of nervous, and asks loudly,"who has the "Jared Lee Photography" on the back of their car?" I said me of course, and she replies back with ,"someone just hit it hard enough to move it back!" I walked outside to find an old farmer Joe with overall bibs on with 2 big hearing aids and I said ,"Hey do you know you just hit me car?!"
"Whhaaat?!" he says.
"You just hit my car."
"No I didn't??."
"Look, you can see that you just hit my car, they are touching right now."
So he walks and looks and of course they are touching, and he says,"Ohh I got pretty close huh?"
"Well no you actually hit it."
And the last thing he said was, "I should be careful huh?" I bit my lip, but was going to say you shouldn't be driving if you can't tell you just hit my car because some lady just saw you hit it hard enough to move it back.

There was no damage done to it, but just got me fired up, because she said he hit a box of salt by the gas pump too coming in and didn't even realize he hit either my car or the box the salt was in.

Anyways, off to Kim and Mike's wedding I went in Tomah.
Probably one of the most laid back couples, they didn't have any special requests, didn't really need much. The ceremony went by fast it seemed like and we took off right away after posed pictures to do some fun group shots. Just a little humid out, but they were all troopers.
We did a couple shots of just Mike and Mike before we went to the reception hall which was at the Cranberry Lodge and Resort just off I94 in Tomah. Great food like always, BBQ pork tips, mashed potatoes, and chicken....One of the perks of my job :) amazing food every weekend.
Everything was on time, and after dinner and speeches we got another 30-45 minutes with just Mike and Kim, so we went to the VA clinic just a mile or two down the road for some more shots.
I take back what I said earlier, that they didn't have any requests. The only request Kim had was to get a couple fun shots with "Thank You" signs that she had made to send people Thank You cards. I had a fun idea, and they gladly with their sense of humor went along with it.
When we got back from shooting, they set up for the grand march. I was standing at the end of the tunnel that the wedding party usually makes to see if I could get a fun shot of the couple kissing when the wedding party locks them into the tunnel. The last couple had a fun idea, instead of when they locked them in for Mike and Kim to kiss, the wedding couple grabbed their faces and tried to kiss them their selves.
Time for the dances, as I keep saying, and probably will again, one of my favorite parts. So much emotion, especially from parents.
Congrats to the newly wed couple Mike and Kim. Instead of a honeymoon right away, they are making a long weekend trip down to Chicago next week, with a pitstop in Milwaukee to catch the Brewer game. Then hopefully a tropical cruise sometime in the dead of winter. Congrats again you two :)

Kim and Mike's images will be posted on my website within 2-3 weeks for purchase. www.JaredLeeLLC.com - Order Images.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment