Thursday, August 5, 2010

Upnorth 2010 - Little rest and relaxation :)

Off for a well deserved vacation for my brother Mike, myself, my dad, and ofcourse Drake. Monday my brother drove from his place in South Dakota to head up to my dad's camper for a couple days of fishing, relaxing, some good eating, and a few adult beverages.
We got up to the camper later Monday night and didn't do much, just went to the bar, had a burger and drink and went back and went to bed.

Tuesday morning got up and went into Chetek for breakfast, after breakfast went back towards Bloomer area and Eau Claire to check out my dad's new camper he might get. The thing is unreal. I guess they call it a smart man's cabin? 42 feet long, king size bed in the master bedroom, kitchen table for 4, full refrigerator, and a queen size hide-a-bed under the couch which is right next to a fire place....a fire place in a camper??

It was crazy hot and humid on tuesday so when we were driving back to the camper from the RV dealer, we decided to drive up to Hayward which was a little over an hour away. We used to go to Hayward as a family for probably over 10 years in a row.

Coming into Hayward brought back a lot of great memories from the past which includes a place that makes me think of my Grandpa George and the last place I fished with him under white puffy clouds and an amazing blue sky just like it was on Tuesday. We stopped and let Drake swim for a bit since it was so hot out. Miss you Grandpa George.
After we left Lake Hayward we went into town for ice cream. I couldn't help but to photograph two little kids outside of the ice cream parlor. I had my camera with and just had to do it, so I asked the parents if they would mind me photographing their kids, told them I was a photographer on vacation and was going to blog about my vacation. Great people :)
After ice cream my brother and I went for a walk downtown Hayward. We always came into town if it was raining and spent a lot of time in the t-shirt shops, Olde Tyme Candies, and Ronnings sweatshirt shop.
Headed back to the camper to maybe go fishing for a bit or lay around, sit on the deck and just relax. Finally decided to go to dinner across the lake after a short rain fall and saw some furry friends on the way.
Wednesday after fishing in the later part of the morning, I called my wedding photographer Jodee of Life and Style Photography (www.LifeandStylephotography.com) to meet up since we were so close, met her husband Brent and their two beautiful little girls. Her studio is just outside of Chetek and was only about 10 miles away from my Dad's resort.

Jodee and I exchanged photography services, she photographed mine and Heather's engagement session, and I told her I would photograph their family. It was a great night to shoot, not too many bugs, perfect lighting, and their place was a great place to shoot.
I had been at their place a little earlier in the day and didn't bring Drake along, but since I knew we were shooting later I was going to bring him back to play with their yellow lab :) So during our shoot they were grawling, chasing, swimming, and playing with eachother. Jodee also snapped a few of Drake and I.
Thursday morning we got up early and went fishing for a couple hours and then came back, packed up and hit the road. Can't wait for my dad's new camper, even though him and Marcia customized the camper, and pretty much everything around it, got a golf cart for toodeling around, bring misc things down to the pontoon etc. They painted and customized a Wisconsin license plate on the propane tank. SUPER NEAT.
Since they made a sign for the camper, they had to get a matching one for the golf cart :)
Thanks to you Dad for all of the great food, couple beers, taking us out fishing, and even Drake appreciated the deck after a long day watching us fish, and him swimming. "Big puppy kisses to Grandpa Slim!!"
Thanks Dad, love ya!

Back home for another great wedding this Saturday - Kim + Mike - The Wedding.

2 comments:

  1. Jared. Great pics. Bro.
    Glad you got out of town!

    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  2. so jealous. sometime (probably years from now) i want to go with you and mike and we can all leave our kids at home. or are girls not invited? love the pics. mbv

    ReplyDelete