Monday, August 2, 2010

Stephanie + Bud - The Wedding (Friday)

What a great day for a Friday afternoon wedding at the beautiful Veterans Memorial Park in West Salem.

Got lucky again with the weather and as a photographer, I couldn't have asked for a better day. Overcast and 75'. Started out with the ladies around 11:30am.
After I got done photographing the girls, the guys showed up and got to know a few of the guys over a sandwich or two and a cold beverage.
One of Bud's only requests was to get a shot of his 3 closest friends. They've had pictures taken of all 4 of them on many occasions including high school graduation. What a cool group of guys to hang out with on a Friday afternoon.
After hanging out with the guys for a half hour it was time for the ceremony. We had a few drops of rain hit us just before the ceremony, but not enough to move it into the shelter. Stephanie's wonderful Grandpa had the honor of walking her down the isle.
After the ceremony I wanted to get a few shots of them in Vets park before he went down to Pettibone.
Stephanie and Bud are probably one of the most "outdoorsey" people I've met. They both love being outside hunting, fishing, hiking, camping whatever there is to do. Bud even asked Stephanie to marry him under their tree stand :) Knowing that about them I wanted to get all of the images to capture their personalities in the outdoors.
After leaving Pettibone we went to the Omni Center for the reception. I knew there was going to be some really neat decorations for me to get creative with for some detail shots, and outdoor decorations there was :) I wanted their "ring" shot to have Stephanie and Bud written all over it.
After dinner and speeches I took Stephanie and Bud for another quick portrait session before the first dances.
Thanks to Bud and Stephanie for choosing me to be a part of your very special day. Congrats and I hope you guys have a great week in Door County.

All of Stephanie and Bud's images will be posted on my website for purchase within 2-3 weeks. www.JaredLeeLLC.com - order images.

No comments:

Post a Comment