Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Scott + Jen - Trash the Dress

I was so excited when Jen messaged me on facebook asking me to do their "Trash the Dress" session. For some odd reason when they asked me to shoot their wedding I had other obligations and couldn't photograph their wedding. So I wasn't their photographer for their wedding, but that didn't stop them from asking me to do their "Trash the Dress" session.

Scott is a Holmen Alumni of 2004, a year ahead of me. We have been friends since High School, and played baseball together making it to the State tournaments in Appleton, so Scott was big into baseball before he met Jen, but both are big Brewer fans. A bunch of baseball ideas came into my head but there was 1 shot that really got me excited and I am going to save that for last just for you guys :) Also have a video of the shoot and what we did for it, there was no staging, this was for real, no photoshopping, only two takes.
Alright, time for the shot I was so excited about!! It popped into my head just before we met up for the shoot and we nailed it :) Watch the video first to see what we did to make it happen. Special thanks to my Dad for the use of his ladder and leaf blower even though he didn't know I took them, and another thanks for Ryan for coming along to assist. I will also be taking Ryan to Las Vegas in November to assist me at a wedding I am shooting out there.


What a fun shot, and Jen has been the first bride that has actually ruined her dress, what a trooper!! "I'm not going to wear it ever again!"
Congrats to newly weds Scott and Jen. Thanks for hanging out for a "Trash the Dress" session and a few drinks after :)

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE them Jared. Thank you so much again. I would have slid 100 times for that picture; it is so awesome and very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great final shot on this set......an idea only a former baseball player/photog would think to do!

    ReplyDelete